Sharing Economy: Trends & Opportunities past
The Sharing Economy, as an economic model for the provision of products and services, is on the rise in Europe and worldwide. Based on the circular economy and aiming to make more efficient use of natural and human resources, Sharing Economy has emerged strongly over the last decade in the areas of catering, clothing, travel, tourism, finance and others. The financial model of Sharing Economy operates mainly through online platforms, providing providers and users of each product/service with a secure trading framework. The best-known examples of companies whose model is based on Sharing Economy are Airbnb, Uber, Lime, etc.
As a new model, the Sharing Economy has both perspectives and challenges. The workshop organized by the PRAXI Network in collaboration with the H2B HUB aims to present successful examples of the Sharing Economy worldwide, as well as discuss the challenges and opportunities present in the industry. Speakers will be executives of companies operating in the Sharing Economy, as well as academics who will present the legislative and tax framework. Besides, the support services provided by the PRACTICE Network, in the framework of the European project BeShared – Embracing Innovation and Interconnection in the Sharing Economy, will be presented to companies and organizations active or interested in being involved in the Sharing Economy.
Seats are limited! So sign up for your participation immediately.
- 17.45 – 18.00 | Registration and Coffee
- 18.00 – 18.10 | Welcome: H2B HUB & PRAXI Network
- 18.10 – 18.35 | “Sharing Economy: Definition, trends and applications”, Katerina Papadouli, PRAXI Network
- 18.35 – 19.00 | “BeShared – Opportunities and support actions in sharing economy”, Katerina Papadouli, PRAXIS Network
- 19.00 – 19.10 | “Business and Innovation Support through EEN”, Iraklis Karantonis & Panagiotis Kallianis, Enterprise Europe Network
- 19.10 – 19.35 | “Α best practice of sharing economy”, Petros Ziogas, SyncBNB
- 19.35 – 19.55 | Q&A
- 19.55 – 20.00 | Conclusions
- Katerina Papadouli
- Petros Ziogas
- Iraklis Karantonis
- Panagiotis Kallianis
PRAXIS Network, H2B HUB